Individuals will be prepared for entry-level work in the carpentry, HVAC and electrical construction trades or to pursue additional education or training in construction trades. The program includes a comprehensive core track that teaches job readiness and teamwork skills, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction safety principles and American Heart Association CPR/First Aid. In a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on lab experience, students will be introduced to basic construction concepts and technical skills including rough framing, concrete, insulation, building codes and permits, basic HVAC, electrical and plumbing and finish carpentry.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Construction Technology graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Construction and Building Inspector
- Construction Laborer
- Cost Estimator
- Construction Carpenter
- Attend an information session. Find upcoming events and register on the CPC Information Session page.
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
|OSHA 10-hour Construction|
|Basic Construction Skills|
|Building Construction Lab|
|Total Hours - 97 hours|
In partnership with Greater Dubuque Development Corporation and Opportunity Dubuque, the College will provide child care assistance at no cost to those who qualify while students are in class for this program. Also, full-time employed graduates from this program may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Child care services are available in the Dubuque and Peosta areas only.
Jordan O'Connell, M.A.
Success Model Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 3137
- Location: Dubuque
Kyra Bellrichard, C.P.P.
Business & Community Solutions (BCS)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1380
- Location: Calmar