Customer service representatives are often the heart and soul of successful organizations, serving as internal communicators, organizers, and facilitators while functioning as the voice and face of the business to its external customers. The focus of this 32-hour lecture/10-hour job experience certificate is on business communication and writing, customer service, problem solving, decision making and quality assurance.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Business, Marketing and Hospitality graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Attend an information session. Find upcoming events and register on the CPC Information Session page.
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
New for spring 2019, in partnership with Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA and Greater Dubuque Development Corporation, the College will provide on-site child care at no cost while students are in class for the Customer Service program. Full-time employed graduates may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Space is limited so early program registration is recommended.
Career Development & Business Partnership Lead
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 888.642.2338, ext. 140
- Location: Dubuque