Construction Equipment Operator
Students will be prepared to safely, efficiently and professionally operate construction equipment used in a variety of construction sites including residential and commercial building, road construction, maintenance and utility installation and repair. The program includes a comprehensive core track that teaches job readiness and teamwork skills, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction safety principles and American Heart Association CPR/ First Aid. Through a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on lab experiences, students will be introduced to equipment applications, sustainability practices, powertrain, hydraulic and electrical system inspections, flagger skills and operation of a forklift, skid steer and mini-excavator. Upon successful completion of the program, students may pursue optional certifications, additional education or seek immediate entry-level employment as an equipment operator.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Construction graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Attend an information session. Find upcoming events and register on the CPC Information Session page.
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
|OSHA 10-hour Construction|
|Basic Construction Skills|
|Basic Equipment Operator Lab|
|Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) - Optional|
|Total Hours: 90 - 170 hours|
In partnership with Greater Dubuque Development Corporation and Opportunity Dubuque, the College will provide child care assistance at no cost to those who qualify while students are in class for this program. Also, full-time employed graduates from this program may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Child care services are available in the Dubuque and Peosta areas only.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2285
- Location: Peosta
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1307
- Location: Calmar