Construction Equipment Operator
Students will be prepared to safely, efficiently and professionally operate construction equipment used in a variety of construction sites including residential and commercial building, road construction, maintenance and utility installation and repair. The program includes a comprehensive core track that teaches job readiness and teamwork skills, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction safety principles and American Heart Association CPR/ First Aid. Through a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on lab experiences, students will be introduced to equipment applications, sustainability practices, powertrain, hydraulic and electrical system inspections, flagger skills and operation of a forklift, skid steer and mini-excavator. Upon successful completion of the program, students may pursue optional certifications, additional education or seek immediate entry-level employment as an equipment operator.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Construction Technology graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Attend an information session. Find upcoming events and register on the CPC Information Session page.
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
|OSHA 10-hour Construction|
|Basic Construction Skills|
|Basic Equipment Operator Lab|
|Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) - Optional|
|Total Hours: 90 - 170 hours|
Success Model Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 888.642.2338, ext. 137
- Location: Dubuque
Career Learning Link and Mentoring Coach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.2256, ext. 307
- Location: Calmar