Child Care Level 1
Learn assessment strategies to plan developmentally appropriate curriculum and practice, how health, safety and nutrition influence the motor, cognitive and emotional development of young children. The program is approved as a substitute for the 'Essentials Preservice/Orientation for Child Care Providers' that meets requirements of the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Federal Child Care Development Block Grants.
Paying for the Program
There are many options available for tuition savings. Contact the Admissions or Financial Aid office for more information.
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements. Additionally, you may qualify for the Greater Dubuque Childcare Professional Attraction Grant. This funding is available for a limited time. See Additional Information for eligibility requirements.
Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance.
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- CASAS Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
- View the Program Admission Checklist.
Greater Dubuque Childcare Professional Attraction Grant
Child care directly impacts a community workforce and there is a critical need for child care providers. In the Dubuque area, Greater Dubuque Development has created the $1,000 Greater Dubuque Childcare Professional Attraction Grant to enhance support and incentive new child care professionals joining our area workforce.
Grant Eligibility Requirements
- You must NOT be currently working in a child care facility, center, or any other entity as a child care provider.
- You must be enrolled in the NICC Child Care Level 1 program.
- You must be working with a NICC College and Career Coach.
- You must obtain employment in a participating child care facility during your enrollment in the NICC training program. Search Dubuque area job listings.
- Employment as a childcare professional (full-time or part-time) must be maintained for 30 days to be eligible to receive a grant.
- Grant program funds are limited. Grants will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis until funds are exhausted.
For questions on participating childcare centers, contact Nic Hockenberry, Director of Workforce Programming at Greater Dubuque Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563.557.9049.
Child Care Assistance
In partnership with Greater Dubuque Development Corporation and Opportunity Dubuque, the College will provide child care assistance at no cost to those who qualify while students are in class for this program. Also, full-time employed graduates from this program may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Child care services are available in the Dubuque and Peosta areas only.
Business and Community Solutions Program Developer
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 3139
- Location: Town Clock
College and Career Coach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 3305
- Location: Dubuque