You’ll complete this comprehensive online course with the knowledge and skills to enter the pharmacy field and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam. Learn to read and interpret prescriptions, define generic and brand names drugs, pharmacy terminology, and much more. Technicians work under the supervision of a registered pharmacist in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, community pharmacies and other healthcare settings. The high demand for pharmacy technicians is the result of a multitude of factors including the constant availability of new drugs, the national shortage of registered pharmacists, the establishment of certified pharmacy technicians, and the aging population.
Paying for the Program
There are many options available for tuition savings. Contact the Admissions or Financial Aid office for more information.
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Register and pay now to get started or contact a Business and Community Solutions College and Career Coach to apply for tuition assistance by completing the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- An Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalency or near completion
- Pass background check and drug screen though the training provider, Condensed Curriculum International (CCI), if you would like to do the optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider.
In partnership with Greater Dubuque Development Corporation and Opportunity Dubuque, the College will provide child care assistance at no cost to those who qualify while students are in class for this program. Also, full-time employed graduates from this program may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Child care services are available in the Dubuque and Peosta areas only.
CNA Coordinator Assistant/Health Program Developer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1425
- Location: Calmar