The online Pharmacy Technician program will prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s (PTCB) exam. Course content addresses the history and practice of pharmacy in multiple environments, terminology, and reading/interpreting prescriptions. You will also learn dosage calculations, drug classifications, the "top 200 drugs", aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products and total parenteral nutrition (TPN), as well as dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control, and billing and reimbursement. The program also includes an optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Health Sciences graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalency or near completion
- Pass background check and drug screen though the training provider, Condensed Curriculum International (CCI), if you would like to do the optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider.
In partnership with Greater Dubuque Development Corporation and Opportunity Dubuque, the College will provide child care assistance at no cost to those who qualify while students are in class for this program. Also, full-time employed graduates from this program may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Child care services are available in the Dubuque and Peosta areas only.
Career Outreach Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 888.642.2338
- Location: Dubuque
Student Success Coach
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Calmar