Heating and Air Conditioning
The Heating and Air Conditioning program prepares students to install, maintain and operate heating and air conditioning equipment. Students will gain theoretical knowledge of operations by learning how to install, diagnose, and repair electric and gas-fired furnaces, motors, compressors and evaporators, as well as following blueprints and design specifications. As part of the program, students will complete a 10-hour OSHA course.
Estimated annual salary range for Construction Technology graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|HCR:108||Heating and Air Conditioning Trade Codes||2.0|
Technical Math OR
Applied Math II
|SDV:179||The College Experience||3.0|
|HCR:128||Principles of Electric Heat||2.0|
|HCR:515||Sheet Metal Fabrication||3.0|
|HCR:141||Principles of Heat Pumps||3.0|
|HCR:202||Intro to Cooling||3.0|
|HCR:204||Principles of Air Conditioning||4.0|
Prior to the completion of Term 1, students are required to provide their program faculty with a copy of their First Aid/CPR certificate.
During term 1, students will complete a ten-hour OSHA training course online through Career Safe Online. This needs to be completed prior to the start of the spring semester, and a copy of the card needs to be presented to the instructor to continue in the program.
Certification/Licensure: The EPA Freon Certification Test will be given if you seek to become certified in handling and purchasing freon.
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 168
- Location: Peosta
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 250
- Location: Peosta