Computer Science and Security
You will graduate from a top-tier IT program with skills in the repair, update and upgrade of desktop computers and servers, programming applications on different computing platforms and the expertise to provide Tier II Helpdesk Support. Five main educational tracks develop your learning; computer programming, computer hardware, software applications, Cisco Networking, and Security. Gain more experience in hands-on operation and management of your own PC Clinic with other students to diagnose and repair computers and tablets to learn customer service, problem solving and repair documentation. A Spring Semester CSS (Computer Science and Security) Data Center Access component also provides you with experiential learning opportunities in your second year. Access to a virtual data center and hypervisor teaches you skills in server installation and computer networking administration.
Paying for the Program
Out-of-State Tuition & Fees: $18,204*
Program Supplies: $385
There are many options available for tuition savings. Contact the Admissions or Financial Aid office for more information.Financial Aid Info
Estimated annual salary for Computer Science and Security graduates represents median annual wage from EMSI's Analyst, Career Coach and Institutional Research data.
- Network Support Specialist
- Network Administrator
- Software Support Specialist
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
The Computer Science and Security program maintains formal articulation agreements with the institutions listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
Computer Technology Instructor
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1403
- Location: Calmar