This Welding (Basic) Career Pathway Certificate introduces the concepts and practice of blueprint interpretation as needed by welders in an industrial setting. Emphasis is on the basics of interpretation and application in specific situations. A study will be made of gas metal arc welding. Topics such as process variation, welding in various positions, principle of operation, shielding gases, and filler rods/wires will be studied. Safety and practical application of these welding processes will be emphasized.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Advanced Manufacturing graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Welding Operator
- Structural Worker
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Attend an information session. Find upcoming events and register on the CPC Information Session page.
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
|Welding Blueprint Reading|
|Total Hours - 104 hours|
Director of Open Enrollment and Career Pathway Certificates
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.2256, ext. 380
- Location: Calmar