This 180-hour certificate program prepares students to collect, transport and process blood and other specimens for laboratory analysis. The program includes 60 hours of classroom instruction in anatomy and physiology of the circulatory system, infection control and safety principles, medical terminology and customer service skills, based on the latest Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) standards. Students will also learn to meet minimum competencies in phlebotomy by participating in 120 clinical hours at various local laboratories. Students who successfully complete this program will be eligible and adequately prepared to take the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Phlebotomy Technician certification examination.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Health Sciences graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact an NICC Business and Community Solutions Program Success Coach to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Attend a program orientation prior to class start date
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalency and transcripts
- Provide proof of MMR and TDAP vaccine, Varicella immunization, Hepatitis B series and Two-Step Tuberculin Skin Test
- Pass background check
- Pass drug screening
In partnership with Greater Dubuque Development Corporation and Opportunity Dubuque, the College will provide child care assistance at no cost to those who qualify while students are in class for this program. Also, full-time employed graduates from this program may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Child care services are available in the Dubuque and Peosta areas only.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 3304
- Location: Dubuque
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1488
- Location: Calmar