The increased mobility of people and industries has caused a large growth in the diesel industry. Where there are diesel engines, there is a need for mechanics to keep them running. As a diesel mechanic, students will be prepared as an all-around mechanic capable of performing work on all systems of the vehicle. Students must exhibit an attitude compatible with work requirements, demonstrate the ability to work with coworkers and possess competencies in electrical systems, fuel systems, drive trains and engines. Competency-based training will be offered on front-to-rear maintenance of diesel equipment.
Estimated annual salary range for Auto Tech, Mechanics and Transportation graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Service Technician
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|AUT:829||Gas Engine Principles||4.0|
|AUT:830||Gas Support Systems||4.0|
|DSL:353||Diesel Engine Principles||4.0|
|SDV:135||Job Seeking Skills||1.0|
|SDV:179||The College Experience||3.0|
|DSL:449||Diesel Support Systems||3.0|
|DSL:632||Brakes - Diesel||2.0|
|ELT:145||Electrical Systems - Diesel||4.0|
|DSL:803||Equipment Repair - General||6.0|
Prior to the completion of Term 1, students are required to provide their program faculty with a copy of their First Aid/CPR certificate.
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 168
- Location: Peosta
Industrial Technology Faculty
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 233
- Location: Peosta
*Approximate cost. Amount reflects the estimated tuition and student fees based on rates at the time of publication. These rates do not include additional expenses (books, tools, supplies, living expenses, licensures, remedial or pre-requisite coursework or partnership tuition and fees, etc.) related to your NICC education. Rates are subject to change.