Associate of Arts
The Associate of Arts degree provides a course of study which, if satisfactorily completed, will readily transfer to most colleges and universities. College parallel-transfer curricula permit completion of the equivalent of the first two years of a bachelor's degree program. The College offers the Associate of Arts transfer degree in business, criminal justice, elementary and secondary education, history, psychology and sociology.
General education core courses completed for the degree are useful regardless of whether you terminate your formal education at NICC or continue at another college. Recommendations for electives related to areas of interest are provided to guide students interested in pursuing a four-year degree in the area of emphasis.
For those who want additional flexibility when earning their Associate of Arts degree, the Z-Degree format is offered completely online in eight-week sessions and have zero textbook costs by utilizing open educational resources (OER) rather than traditional textbooks.
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
Northeast Iowa Community College currently maintains formal transfer agreements with the institutions listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. If you will be transferring before completing a two-year Associate of Arts degree (AA) degree, check out the Transfer in Iowa Reverse Credit Transfer Agreement before applying to your transfer institution. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
- Bellevue University
- Central Methodist University
- Clarke University
- Clarkson College
- Drake University
- Iowa State University
- Loras College
- Accounting Course Equivalency Guide
- Business Course Equivalency Guide
- Creative Writing Course Equivalency Guide
- Criminal Justice Transfer Plan
- English Literature Course Equivalency Guide
- Finance Course Equivalency Guide
- Marketing Course Equivalency Guide
- Psychology Course Equivalency Guide
- Public Relations Course Equivalency Guide
- Social Work Transfer Plan
- Luther College
- Social Work: Transfer agreement
- University of Dubuque
- University of Iowa
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Upper Iowa University
- Western Illinois University
Jeffrey J. Murphy, M.A.
Executive Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences and Business
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1235
- Location: Calmar