Associate of Arts
You will graduate from this program having completed the first two years of your four-year degree. An Associate of Arts degree provides you with a general liberal arts education with areas of study that include: communication, humanities, math, science, and social science, as well as other topics. You have the opportunity to take elective courses that align with your interests, educational track and career goals.
For additional flexibility this program is offered face-to-face and online, including our eight-week online Z-Degree format with zero textbook costs. Agreements are in place with many four-year colleges to ensure your credits transfer.
Paying for the Program
Out-of-State Tuition & Fees: $13,980*
There are many options available for tuition savings. Contact the Admissions or Financial Aid office for more information.Financial Aid Info
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
Review program courses, admissions and academic requirements.
Northeast Iowa Community College is ranked #3 out of Iowa's 15 community colleges for two-year associate's degrees by University HQ, a leading education organization. Ranking based on cost, admission and retention rate, graduation rate, online degrees and graduate salaries.
See how much you can save by starting your education at Northeast Iowa Community College with the tuition savings calculator.
Northeast Iowa Community College currently maintains formal transfer agreements with the institutions listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. If you will be transferring before completing a two-year Associate of Arts degree (AA) degree, check out the Transfer in Iowa Reverse Credit Transfer Agreement before applying to your transfer institution. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
- Bellevue University
- Central Methodist University
- Clarke University
- Clarkson College
- Drake University
- Graceland University
- Iowa State University
- Loras College
- Accounting Course Equivalency Guide
- Business Course Equivalency Guide
- Creative Writing Course Equivalency Guide
- Criminal Justice Transfer Plan
- English Literature Course Equivalency Guide
- Finance Course Equivalency Guide
- Marketing Course Equivalency Guide
- Psychology Course Equivalency Guide
- Public Relations Course Equivalency Guide
- Social Work Transfer Plan
- Luther College
- Social Work: Transfer agreement
- University of Dubuque
- University of Iowa
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Accounting: Transfer Agreement
- Business: Transfer Agreement
- Criminal Justice:Transfer Agreement
- Engineering: Transfer Agreement
- Upper Iowa University
- Bachelor of Arts in Prekindergarten-Grade 3; Course Transfer Guide
- Bachelor of Arts in Birth-Grade 3; Course Transfer Guide
- Bachelor of Science in All Science (for Teacher Education); Course Transfer Guide
- Western Governors University
- Western Illinois University
Jeffrey J. Murphy, M.A.
Executive Dean of Communication, Humanities, Math and Social Science
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1235
- Location: Calmar