The Graphic Design program is a design-based educational program that equips students with skills and materials necessary to compete for professional design positions upon graduation. Additionally, students are well-prepared to major in design, marketing, communications or journalism if they choose to continue their education.
Estimated annual salary range for Business, Marketing and Hospitality graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Brand Identity Designer
- Graphic Artist
- Marketing Assistant
- Prepress Technician
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|GRA:156||History of Graphic Design||3.0|
|SDV:179||The College Experience||3.0|
|GRA:110||Graphic Arts Principles||3.0|
|ANI:105||Intro to Animation||3.0|
|GRA:280||Audio/Video Production Basics||3.0|
|GRA:154||Advanced Web Design||3.0|
|GRA:210||Graphic Layout and Design||3.0|
Principles of Marketing OR
Principles of Advertising
|ENG:105||College Composition I||3.0|
|GRA:214||Electronic Prepress and Printing||3.0|
|GRA:310||Advanced Graphic Layout and Design||3.0|
|GRA:800||Graphic Design Portfolio Seminar||3.0|
|GRA:805||Graphic Design Occupational Experience||3.0|
One Math/Science Elective: MAT:102, MAT:744, transfer-level BIO, CHM, ENV, MAT, PHS, PHY
One Sociology/Psychology Elective: PSY:111, PSY:112, PSY:251, SOC:110, SOC:208
The Graphic Design program maintains formal articulation agreements with the institutions listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
Graphic Design Faculty
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 438
- Location: Peosta
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 168
- Location: Peosta