Intro to Industrial Maintenance
This 138-hour certificate program is designed to provide students with the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment found in a variety of industries. This program includes a 10-hour OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) certification which must be earned to move on to the introduction of the tools and the materials frequently used in industrial maintenance. Students learn to read and prepare electrical blueprints and study the basic theories of hydraulics and pneumatics necessary to troubleshoot or to operate fluid power equipment.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Advanced Manufacturing graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Attend an information session. Find upcoming events and register on the CPC Information Session page.
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
|OSHA 10 Certification|
|Electrical Materials Identification|
|Electrical Blueprint Reading|
|Fundamentals of Fluid Dynamics|
|Total Hours - 138 hours|
Students who successfully complete this certificate program are prepared to enter the workforce directly and/or apply certificate credits to enter Industrial Maintenance degree programs at NICC.
In partnership with Greater Dubuque Development Corporation and Opportunity Dubuque, the College will provide child care assistance at no cost to those who qualify while students are in class for this program. Also, full-time employed graduates from this program may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Child care services are available in the Dubuque and Peosta areas only.
Jordan O'Connell, M.A.
Success Model Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 3137
- Location: Dubuque