Every successful business must have systematic and up-to-date records of its financial affairs. Maintaining those records is the job of the bookkeeper/accountant who records day-to-day business transactions in journals and ledgers. Employers may also periodically balance accounts and prepare statements for administrative officers showing such things as accounts receivable, accounts payable and profit and loss. They may also prepare state and federal tax returns. This program is designed to prepare graduates for employment as an accounting clerk, bookkeeper or payroll clerk. Students will receive not only conceptual training but actual "hands-on" training that will provide the important abilities needed for success.
Estimated annual salary range for Business, Marketing and Hospitality graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Accounts Receiving
- Administrative Assistant/Payroll
- Global Accounting Specialist
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|ACC:115||Intro to Accounting||4.0|
|BCA:212||Intro to Computer Business Apps||3.0|
|BUS:103||Intro to Business||4.0|
|SDV:179||The College Experience||3.0|
|MAT:102||Intermediate Algebra OR||4.0|
|SDV:135||Job Seeking Skills||1.0|
This diploma program requires a minimum of 30 credits (excluding Developmental courses). Three of these hours can include SDV:179 The College Experience. If The College Experience course is waived or transfers in for less than three credits, an elective is required.
Communication Electives: COM:120, COM:723, ENG:105, ENG:106, SPC:112
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1166
- Location: Calmar
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338
- Location: Peosta