Develop the skills and technical knowledge necessary to thrive in the fast-paced construction industry. Complete hands-on training as part of a construction crew of student peers, building a home from the design to finished construction for a future homeowner. Gain experience in basic manual drafting, printreading, concrete techniques, floor and framing skills, and interior and exterior finish work. If you like hands-on work, let this program shorten your learning curve in the high-paced field of construction!
Paying for the Program
Out-of-State Tuition & Fees: $12,156*
Program Supplies: $695
There are many options available for tuition savings. Contact the Admissions or Financial Aid office for more information.Financial Aid Info
Estimated annual salary for Carpentry graduates represents median annual wage from EMSI's Analyst, Career Coach and Institutional Research data.
- Construction Laborer
- First-Line Supervisor
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
The Carpentry programs are recognized by the NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research). All Peosta and Calmar Carpentry students will become OSHA certified through Career Safe Online.
Gainful Employment Information
- Off-campus Building Site (Calmar)
- Job Site House Project (Peosta, various locations)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1480
- Location: Calmar