Gas Utility Construction and Service
The Gas Utility Construction and Service program prepares students to install, maintain and operate both high and low-pressure natural gas distribution systems used to supply residential, commercial and industrial companies. Program graduates will be qualified to enter one of the most technologically intensive industries in today's economy with potential careers in gas construction mechanics, gas meter mechanics, gas service mechanics, gas clerk estimation, gas regulator maintenance mechanics, gas appliance repair and underground facilities location. When students enter into the industry, they will be subject to a drug screening per federal guidelines.
Graduates of the program will be able to communicate technical information, operate tools and equipment, join pipe, install natural gas distribution systems, apply customer service skills, maintain gas distribution systems, operate pipeline excavation equipment, service gas appliances and secure a commercial driver's license.
Estimated annual salary for Gas Utility Construction and Service graduates represents median annual wage from EMSI's Analyst, Career Coach and Institutional Research data.
- Maintenance and Repair Worker
- First-Line Supervisor
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
The Gas Utility Construction and Service program maintains formal articulation agreements with the institutions listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
Gas Utilities Instructor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2388
- Location: Peosta