In this age of rapidly changing technology, the automotive repair field demands personnel who are trained in the latest methods of diagnosis and repair. If you are mechanically inclined and willing to learn the necessary skills, you will find many opportunities in the automotive field. Instruction is provided in the basic skills as well as on modern, up-to-date diagnostic equipment.
After completing the necessary coursework, students should be prepared to take exams to receive certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) in the following areas: automatic transmission/transaxle, brakes, electrical systems, engine performance, engine repair, heating and air conditioning, manual drive train and axles, suspension and steering.
Estimated annual salary range for Auto Tech, Mechanics and Transportation graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- ASE Master Mechanic
- Auto Collision Tech
- Auto Technician/Mechanic
- Service Technician
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|AUT:102||Intro to Automotive Technology||1.0|
|AUT:164||Automotive Engine Repair**||4.0|
|AUT:503||Automotive Brake Systems**||3.0|
|AUT:616||Automotive Electrical Systems**||6.0|
|SDV:179||The College Experience||3.0|
|AUT:248||Automotive Drive Trains**||4.5|
|AUT:404||Automotive Suspension and Steering**||4.0|
|AUT:704||Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning**||4.0|
|AUT:809||Automotive Engine Performance**||7.5|
Note: Prior to completion of Term 1, program students are required to provide their program faculty with a copy of their First Aid/CPR certification.
**Certification/Licensure: Completion of these courses prepares students to take an exam to receive ASE Certification.
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 168
- Location: Peosta
Auto Mechanics Instructor
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 237
- Location: Peosta