Construction Business Management
Construction Business Management prepares you for trainee positions in marketing and management in the supply of construction materials. Course work includes construction, marketing, business and general education areas. There is a steady demand for trained individuals for supervisory and management positions in lumber retail outlets, small stores where lumber products are sold or distributed, and sales and management in wholesale supply organizations. This program prepares you with hands-on experience and technical knowledge to give you confidence when you seek employment in this aspect of the construction field.
Estimated annual salary range for Construction Technology graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Lumber Sales Representative
- Retail Sales
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|CON:113||Construction Print Reading||2.0|
|SDV:179||The College Experience||3.0|
|ACC:115||Intro to Accounting||4.0|
|CAD:104||Computer Aided Drafting OR||3.0|
|CAD:172||Intro to CAD: AutoCAD||2.0|
|CON:383||Building Codes and Specifications||3.0|
|MAT:773||Applied Math II||3.0|
|MGT:102||Principles of Management||4.0|
|BCA:212||Intro to Computer Business Applications||3.0|
|BUS:185||Business Law I||3.0|
|MKT:110||Principles of Marketing||3.0|
Communication Electives: COM:723, ENG:105, SPC:112
Note: Prior to the completion of Term 1, students are required to provide their program faculty with a copy of their First Aid/CPR certificate.
Christopher Carlson, Ed.D.
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2168
- Location: Peosta
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1480
- Location: Calmar