Agriculture Business: Precision Agriculture
One of the greatest changes that has taken place in agriculture in the last decade is the use of Geographical Information Systems and the Global Positioning System, allowing us to analyze and manage the land at a level never before possible. It can involve anything from grid sampling soils to analyzing the trade territory of an agribusiness. This new technology opens up a wealth of career opportunities for trained individuals, as there are a limited number of people in agriculture who are adequately trained in the use of the technology.
Estimated annual salary range for Agriculture and Animal Sciences graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Food Scientist/Technologist
- Farm and Home Management Advisor
- Aquacultural Manager
- Plant Scientist
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
Related Student Organizations
- Post Secondary Agriculture Students
- Dairy Science Club
- Beef Science Club
- AgriScience Club
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 8111
- Location: Calmar