Prepare (Current Students)
Get Moving on Your Plan of Action! Participate in career activities and preparation while you are a current student. Your time as a college student will go fast, so plan and prep early.
Schedule a Career Counseling Appointment to help get you moving: email@example.com
1.) Are You Entering the Workforce After NICC?
Key activities as a current student include: informational interviews, job shadows, participating in mock interviews, prepping for your job search with a resume and cover letter, and attending career fairs and networking events.
- Let us get you connected with Job Shadows and Informational Interviews.
- See the Ultimate Guide to an Informational Interview.
- Why should you be networking now? Networking 101
- Access Job Search for job postings, internships, and employer information.
- See the Student and Alumni Resources. We can help you prepare your professional:
- Cover Letter
- Elevator Pitch to Employers
- Job Search Strategy
2.) Are You Transferring to Another College?
- Start early with your transfer plans! Academic Advising, Career Services and Trio staff can work with you to get you ready to transfer to another college or university.
- Visit and connect early with your transfer colleges of interest.
- We can help you plan out a timeline from when you start until you graduate!
- Access the Career Hub for career assessments, and see the Job Search page for area job postings and internships.