The semi-truck driving training program is designed to train for a career that offers freedom, stability and competitive pay. You will develop skills in backing, turning and safe driving, on both rural and suburban roads, using a variety of training techniques including web-based and classroom instruction.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Auto Tech, Mechanics and Transportation graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Attend an information session. Find upcoming events and register on the CPC Information Session page.
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
Before registration you will need to obtain a Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) which includes three tests taken at the Department of Transportation (DOT): General Knowledge, Air Brake and Combination Vehicle.
After you obtain the CLP, you will need to register with the FMSCA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse. You will also need to pass and pay for your Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and pre-employment drug/alcohol screening. Instructions on how to submit this information will be sent to you after registration is complete.
Register by phone or submit your registration online.
This program consists of 16 classroom hours and 128 lab hours (30 behind the wheel). Total hours: 144.
In partnership with Greater Dubuque Development Corporation and Opportunity Dubuque, the College will provide child care assistance at no cost to those who qualify while students are in class for this program. Also, full-time employed graduates from this program may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Child care services are available in the Dubuque and Peosta areas only.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2285
- Location: Peosta
Shara Sparrgrove, B.B.A.
Success Model Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 3105
- Location: Dubuque